In this blog post we show you the ten most prominent, striking, and innovative summer music festivals in Rotterdam. We’ll let you know which festivals are worth a visit. There are definitely a few big names, but also some new-, and free festivals.
These ten outstanding music events excel in different ways, like performing artists, location, or atmosphere. So we decided not to rank them, but to expose the festivals in order of appearance. Let’s get started.
Summer music festivals in Rotterdam 2017
Hardstyle fans, pay attention! Enjoy the very best at this new edition of Loudfest. A mix of famous artists en talents will blow you away. Expect only raw, exploding sets at a unique industrial atmosphere.
- Date: Saturday, May 20, 2017
- Location: RDM-area, Onderzeebootloods
- Loudfest Festival tickets
The Flying Dutch
This is the largest Dutch open air dance festival. Famous Dutch DJ’s like Afrojack, Don Diablo, Hardwell, Nicky Romero and Oliver Heldens alternate in the cities of Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Eindhoven.
- Date: Saturday, June 3, 2017
- Location Rotterdam: outside Rotterdam Ahoy
- The Flying Dutch tickets
The Boothstock festival is a unique open air dance party. Five area’s represent music styles like House, Techno, and UK. And a Hip-Hop and R&B area comeback. Come and see world class DJ’s in alternation with artists from Rotterdam.
- Date: Saturday, June 10, 2017
- Location: Kralingse Bos
- Boothstock Festival tickets
Since 1988 Metropolis presents striking, innovative and surprising music. This one-day free event provides a platform for talented upcoming bands and acts. This summer music festival features an exciting line-up of (inter)national artists with a great live reputation.
- Free entrance
- Date: Sunday, July 2, 2017
- Location: Zuiderpark
- Metropolis Festival information
Usually announced as a typical showcase festival. More than 100 music artists, poets, painters, and other creative people from Rotterdam show their talents on at least 15 stages.
- Free entrance
- Date: Thursday, July 20, 2017
- Location: Eendrachtsplein (and in streets and venues around the square).
- Facebook page Eendracht Festival
This outdoor eclectic music festival follows the motto: when three right musical genres collide, they form the perfect triangle. The three stages are named after the metropolitan cities: Tokyo, New York and London. This festival brings you the freshest sounds from the UK, mixed with HipHop and R&B.
- Date: Saturday, July 22, 2017
- Location: Sidelingepark
- Triangle Festival tickets
This Open Air Reggae Festival offers an international and innovative line-up at various stages. Surprising live acts in a soothing combination with top-level gastronomy of local entrepreneurs.
- Date: Sunday, July 30, 2017
- Location: Euromast Park
- Reggae Rotterdam Festival tickets
Enter a world of Art, Culture, Music & Happiness. Visit the mainstage for international headliners, and discover new bands on the live stage. Get lost in the tipi-village and don’t forget to look for that mysterious, secret area.
- Date: Saturday, August 12, 2017
- Location: Roel Langerakpark (next to Blijdorp Zoo)
- Blijdorp Festival tickets
Rotterdam Rave Festival
This industrial techno party brings promising DJ’s to Rotterdam. The festival site is divided into three areas: a Radiation area, a Powerhouse area, and an Exposure area.
- Date: Saturday, August 19, 2017
- Location: Lloyd Multiplein, Rotterdam
- Rotterdam Rave Festival tickets
Baroeg Open Air Festival
The festival is characterized by its broad, underground programming. Each year there are three stages at the festival: the Main Stage, the Electronic Stage, and the Talent Stage.
- Free entrance
- Date: Saturday, September 9, 2017
- Location: Zuiderpark Rotterdam
- Baroeg Open Air Festival line-up
Let’s celebrate the summer of 2017
It is impossible to expose all Rotterdam summer music festivals, so we invite you to tip your favorite ones. Let us know, in particular, what festivals have to be announced, next time.
Now it is time to celebrate the summer. So take your pick, and enjoy one or more summer music festivals. Let’s face the music… and dance.